Six Pack Abs at home
Cannot get to a gym? Do you exercise at home and would you like to get your six pack?
- To build a six pack, you will need to exercise the muscles using different exercises to give them bulk.
- To show your six pack, you will need to reduce your Body Fat Percentage to around 7% or less. There is simply no real short cut to display your six pack, you will need to reduce your body fat.
Building your abs muscles
For each exercise that you do, concentrate on squeezing your stomach muscles while you do the exercise. Do more than one stomach exercise to attack the abs from various angles and to prevent your body getting lazy.
Do not throw yourself up, do not use your back or momentum to do stomach. Rather do 5 good reps instead of 20 reps that has no effect on the abs.
If you are not sure which exercise to do, if you want a quick exercise to do, or are struggling with the routines below, you may try “alphabet”, this is one of our favorites and always works.
The alphabet abs exercise
Start by lying on your back and keep your arms, palm down on the floor, close to your sides.
Straighten your legs forward and keep them together. Keep your legs as straight as possible and keep them together throughout the entire exercise. Visualize the tips of your toes as the tip of a pencil.
Lift your legs and write each letter of the alphabet from the floor to the ceiling with your toes. You may write the letter in capitals (A to Z) and then in small case (a to z) the next time you do the exercise to add variety and to target the muscles differently.
The bigger you make the letter, the more you work your abs.
Do not let your legs rest on the floor, and do not rest between each letter. Do not lift your back off the floor and concentrate on using your abs for each motion.
- Alternatively, you may lift your legs and keep them upright throughout the exercise, and write small cursive letters on the ceiling instead. To dot the i and j, do a Pilates hip up. This is easier for beginners, and is less strain on your back.
You will find it is a difficult exercise but you will also find yourself motivated as you have a goal to complete.
Showing your 6 pack
Change your diet and include 30 minutes of cardio to maximize fat loss. You will need to reduce body fat to 7% or less.
What to eat:
- Protein shakes
- Plain food such as chicken breasts and meat
- Low fat cheese
- Nuts and seeds
- Rye bread (or brown bread)
- Brown rice
- Oranges, Limes and grapefruits
- Beans and Lentils
What to avoid eating:
- crisps / chips
- processed foods
- oily / fried foods
- white rice
- white pasta